I decided to start another blog series: Quotes of the Month.
Quotes, sayings, thoughts, and words have so much meaning, and the juxtaposition of some with others or the syntax and diction used can play significant roles. Quotes can sometimes sum up what one is experiencing so effortlessly – and whether this may be a positive or negative thing, it could really hit home for somebody.
Quotes have so much meaning to me: inspiration, release, fresh and pivotal ideas, explanatory; the list of adjectives goes on. Because of this, I decided to create this blog series to summarize the month and draw hope, brightness, and positivity towards the next.
Here are some of the quotes that I found this month – that I have related to or connected with, inspired me, or really brought something to light. The post will be updated continuously throughout the month when I find others that resonate with me.
- “Never apologize for burning too brightly or collapsing into yourself every night. That is how galaxies are made.” Tyler Kent White
- Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation.” John Wooden
- “Never stop being hopeful. You don’t know what’s to come, and whatever it may be could be the greatest thing to ever happen to you.” Julie Ozlek
- “Give people time. Give people space. Don’t beg anyone to stay. Let them roam. What’s meant for you will always be yours.” Reyna Biddy
- “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” Rupi Kaur
- “I would rather die of passion than boredom.” Van Gogh
- “I have to stop falling in love with memories.” Unknown
- “A woman is unstoppable after she realizes she deserves better.” Unknown
- “Pain makes you stronger, tears make you braver, and heartbreaks make you wiser, so thank the past for a better future.” Unknown
- “It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.” Van Gogh
- “Self-improvement is a never ending task. Always try to better yourself.” Unknown
- “The most important day is the day you decide you’re good enough for you. It’s the day you set yourself free.” Brittany Josephina
- Maybe I was destined to forever fall in love with people I couldn’t have. Maybe there’s a whole assortment of impossible people waiting for me to find them. Waiting to make me feel the same impossibility over and over again. Carol Rifka Brunt, Tell the Wolves I’m Home
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” Aesop, The Lion and the Mouse